Wednesday, December 7, 2011

27 weeks - Happy Birthday (and happy DC shower) to me!




I'm still waiting for more pictures from this past week/weekend, but for the time being - here's the recap with a couple of snapshots.

Last week was my birthday!! I am officially 30 for the 3rd time :)  Most of you already know how much I love my birthday, but what do you do to celebrate when you're 6 1/2 months pregnant?  You can't celebrate with drinking or dancing or partying until the late late hours.  So what then? I'm not going to lie, I was initially concerned about how much fun could actually be had on my birthday.  But you know what you do when you love your birthday and you can't do any of those things?  You celebrate with friends and loved ones. I am so grateful for the people in my life.  My friends and family from around the country showered me with so many well wishes (and SONGS) and thoughtful gifts (helloooooo salon time, lotions and potions, flowers, chocolate, pastries, etc).  My Boston-based friends and wonderful husband treated me to a very tasty/expensive dinner, gave me some awesome gifts (candy, earrings, makeup, ipod chargers, oh my!!), and kept me laughing while we were sweating in the northeast's warmest winter restaurant (whyyyy do you have a restaurant in the basement with no ventilation?!?)  Despite the 85 degree temperature, I had a fabulous time.

The following day Rich and I packed up and flew down to DC for round two of birthday fun and round one of baby showers. Margo, Shelley, and Kelly put together such a great shower.  The food was SO good (buffalo chicken dip, cinnamon swirls, and cookies with JAM!), and it was such a nice group of some of my favorite ladies.  Rich and I (and pnut) were spoiled ROTTEN.  Among some of our special gifts - Jensie made us a beautiful baby blanket - so sweet it brought me to tears - and Nini bought Rich is very own manly diaper bag.  But the MOST awesome gift (sorry everyone) was the prenatal massage that Margo, Shelley, and Kelly treated me to on Sunday (A-mazing.)

Saturday night we met up with the boys (who had been hanging out at the firing range all day skeet shooting), had dinner at PF Changs, and then GAMES at Dave and Busters.  For those of you unfamiliar with Dave and Busters picture a giant arcade... now picture a bar... now put them together.  SO.MUCH.FUN.  Plus you win tickets.  This is pretty much my heaven (and Rich's - except the Pats would be playing 24-7 and there would be steak).  We stayed until they kicked us out at 1am - that's right, pregnant and all, I played game after game after game until 1am, and loved EVERY single minute of it.

Sunday morning I had my massage - it was the most wonderful experience and something I strongly suggest for everyone (pregnant or not!).  Then Shelley and Kelly took me out to lunch (mmm...nachos) and then off to shop! Finally, having shopped ourselves out (well... sort of) we met up with the boys at a bar in Friendship Heights to watch some football.  Sadly, the weekend had to come to an end, so I packed up all my new treasures, hysterically said goodbye to my friends, and came back home. It was a wonderful weekend.

I am lucky to have such amazing people in my life.  I'm not sure I tell them all enough - but I am so grateful for and so touched by everyone's love and support.  It was incredibly difficult for me to leave DC - as it was incredibly difficult for me to leave Seattle the last time we were there (both involved significant amounts of crying).  I love you all so very very much.  Thank you for being important parts of my life, Rich's life, and now pnut's life.  This is one lucky 'nut indeed!!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you had such a great time! You deserve it! A massage? You can never have too many of those!!! Good for you! Love the picture with the towel/blanket on your head!

    ReplyDelete