Wednesday, January 11, 2012

32 weeks, Happy New Year, 8 weeks to go!!!

Apologies for only one picture for this week, but I promise there will be more for the next post. 

It's been a crazy couple of weeks for pnut, Rich, and me. No worries, everyone is healthy and doing well, just a bunch of activity - some good, some bad, but all is working out in the end.  Pnut is now supposed to be more than 16 inches long and weigh about 3.75lbs this week (according to the baby website).  It's getting harder and harder to imagine that he's going to continue to grow in here - we're seriously running out of space! Common life situations are becoming more difficult.  Last night I realized I had to hunch over the sink in order to wash dishes and this morning Rich had a good laugh at me trying to put my socks.  I can only imagine what the next 8 weeks will bring (my friends who have had children assure me that the truly "fun" pregnancy times lie ahead)!!

As always, New Year's Eve was a good time (although one of the group wasn't feeling well - and we all worried about him)! We stuck with our tradition of hanging out in Stoneham with the Reiss-Hulings and the Hanleys - playing games, watching tv, and just generally chatting and hanging out.  Since New Years, we have taken down the Christmas tree and started the movement of packing up our "office"so it can become the guest bedroom, moving the guest bedroom furniture into the office, and creating a nursery.  It seems like a task that will take forever, but Rich assures me it can get done in time for Superbowl :) The good news is that we have all the major pieces to the nursery puzzle - crib, dresser/changing table, rug, curtains.  I'm heading to NY this weekend to pick up our stroller (thank you Donna!!) and miscellaneous goodies from other family members (thanks Tanta!).  Now it's just getting all that sorted, assembled, and set up!  We are moving right along!

Hard to believe that 8 months has flown by - and that in just 8 weeks pnut will be HERE.  I spent so much time (and still do, to be honest) worrying and hoping things would just go faster and now it feels like "wow!" maybe this should slow back down!! Too late for that, I suppose :)

Much love to everyone - we'll check back in soon!

2 comments:

  1. You look great and if I was closer I would put on your socks everyday: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are adorable! SO excited for you guys :)

    love,
    hillary

    ReplyDelete