Wednesday, February 8, 2012

36 weeks, Baby Showered, Almost Ready to Roll!

I feel like so much has happened since my last check in - let's see if I can cover everything!

Julia threw me a BEAUTIFUL baby shower (with shout outs to all the other ladies - and gents - who contributed - I know and you know who you are!!!).  Adam's dad was nice enough to loan us his gorgeous house for the event and we managed to cram about 40 people into those awesome living areas - thanks to everyone for making the best out of that tight squeeze!!  The food was excellent (although, to be fair - i was mainly concerned with the H&H bagels (my favorite) and dessert!!) but the company was even better.  The hard part of a baby shower is that you have all these wonderful women together whom you love and want to spend time with - and you end up having just enough time to chat briefly before opening presents. And open presents I did!!! Holy moly!  I think we figured out that I opened presents for nearly 2 hours!!! As I said afterwards, if the worst thing you can say about your baby shower was that your friends and family were SO overly generous that you spent 2 hours opening presents, then you are an incredibly lucky person.  I am an incredibly lucky person.









Last week Rich and I took a tour of the Labor and Delivery floor and attended the "Meet the Doctors" session.  Some people asked if this made it "more real."  I would say the lack of sleep, constant hip pain, general uncomfortableness, and ridiculous nesting obsession make it real enough, the tour just gave me hope that it will be over soon and in a very short period of time we will get to meet this little man for the first time!!

This past weekend was the Superbowl.  I think we all know what happened - no need to reopen the wound here.  HOWEVER, before Sunday night, we did have a lovely treat - our friends Mike and Angela visited from Philadelphia!!! They haven't been to Boston in at least 3-4 years, and we haven't been able to hang out for a weekend in a VERY long time.  It was SO nice to play with them for the weekend - even if I couldn't "play" much (what do you do with someone who is 9 months pregnant and totally uncomfortable 95% of the time?!? YOU GO OUT TO EAT!) :) Mike took the two pictures below (me at home, Angela and Rich at the museum... Mike, where are you?!)



Also, this week I started having my first noticeable Braxton-Hicks contractions.  They are not "painful" but rather uncomfortable at this point.  Also, Pnut does not enjoy being squished - so every time they start he pushes against them... making the experience that much more bizarre.  Otherwise, we had our 36 week appointment yesterday.  Everyone is happy and healthy!! Next week will officially be the start of "full term" - and while I doubt this guy is making an appearance before 40 weeks, he could technically come at any time.  WOW!  Rich and I are trying to be good about appreciating the time we have before welcoming a newborn - but I think we're both too excited :)  Until next time....!

No comments:

Post a Comment